Friday, December 16, 2005

An engineer no more

I turned in my take-home math final about an hour ago and it was the last exam I had to complete for this semester. It was also the last exam I will ever have to take for a class towards an engineering major, and I am admittedly a little relieved. This round of exams this past week has been absolutely brutal and I feel much more confident that I am moving on to a major (Business Management) that suits my skills and traits much better. I will admit that this past week was probably difficult in part due to the fact that I struggled maintaining focus while studying because I knew that these exams wouldn't matter in my new major, but all the same, they were still pretty hard.

Right now I am cleaning out my room and have emptied my desk of everything engineering related...from text books to notes to the engineering paper (of which I have actually grown to love using) and have a stack of stuff about a foot and a half high.

I walked by Sirrine (the Business building) tonight and realized for the first time that I will probably be spending the majority of my remaining college years in that building, and I cannot wait.

Here it is:

It says Textiles over the front door because the Department of Textiles is located on the ground floor beneath the top three floors which houses all the Business departments, including Management. Sirrine is also the largest academic building on campus...it has over four acres of classroom space (there's the tour guide in me, again) and so the picture above shows about a third of the building.

I'm heading to Anderson tomorrow night to stay with Mary Kathleen for two nights and then I'm heading home for the holidays. The Tigers accepted an invitation to play in the Champs Sports Bowl in sunny Orlando, Florida, and my family will be there, of course! Should be a great time, and I am definitely looking forward to it.

Finally, I hope for all of you that Advent season has gone well and that it will only get better. Christ is coming and we should certainly keep that in our thoughts daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home